Last Updated:    August 13, 2007    Added historical info courtesy of Tara Mitchell Mielnik - Metropolitan Historical Commission (Nashville).
Date Constructed: 1936-1938 (officially opened on December 8, 1937)
Address: Nashville, Tennessee
Current Building Name: Davidson County Courthouse
Earlier Building Names: None
Architect: Emmons H. Woolwine & Frederic C. Hirons
Builder: J. A. Jones Construction
Current Status: In use.
Designation (if applicable): National Register of Historic Places, also a Local Historic Landmark (protected with historic zoning through the Metropolitan Historical Commission)
Visited October 2006.
Davidson County Courthouse and Public Building -- the mayor and council just moved back in after a beautiful restoration. The etched glass panels were done by noted glass artist David Harriton, and the lobby murals were painted by Dean Cornwell. Exterior scuplture and bronze doors by Rene Paul Chambellan.
Photos by Jim L. Patterson - copyright 2006.
Click on the thumbnail photo to view a larger image.